Sunday, December 11, 2016
Parc 55 Hotel, San Francisco
NGEE-Tropics took advantage of the 2015/2016 ENSO to accelerate our tropical forest observations and measurements during an extreme climate event to inform our model development aimed at improving predictive understanding of tropical forests in a changing climate. The purpose of the NGEE-Tropics ENSO Research Meeting is to review the ENSO science results, data, and model developments achieved to date; to identify gaps/challenges and opportunities for collaborative synthesis; and to plan for the development of ENSO publications and products in the coming year. We are holding our meeting the day before the 2016 AGU Fall Meeting.
Sunday, December 11, 2016
8:00AM – 8:30AM – Meeting registration (AM refreshments to be served)
8:30AM – 12:15PM – Welcome and Morning Plenary Sessions (includes coffee/tea refresh)
12:15PM – 1:30PM – Lunch on your own
(See list of Nearby Restaurants – within 1-2 blocks of Parc 55 Hotel)
1:30PM – 4:15PM – Afternoon Plenary Sessions and Plenary Wrap-Up (includes coffee/tea refresh)
4:15PM – 6:00PM – Poster Session (PM refreshments to be served)
6:00PM – Meeting Adjourned
Parc 55 Hotel
55 Cyril Magnin Street
San Francisco, CA
The ENSO Research Meeting Plenary Sessions will take place in the Mission Room (on Level Four) of the Parc 55 Hotel, followed by the Poster Session in the Cyril Magnin Foyer, also on Level Four.
The Parc 55 Hotel is located in downtown San Francisco, about 1 block from the Powell Street BART Station (see this map and BART.gov). If you are staying in a hotel near the Moscone Center for the AGU Fall Meeting, the Parc 55 Hotel is about a 15-minute walk from the Moscone Center (see this map).
Oral and Poster Presenter Guidance
Guidance will be sent to presenters in advance of meeting. Refer to the Agenda to check if you have been assigned a Plenary Talk or Poster.
- Please keep your talks to 10 minutes maximum.
- Talks should highlight ENSO science results, data synthesis, and/or model developments achieved to date; and identify gaps/challenges, opportunities for collaboration, and next steps.
- Each Plenary Session will consist of 10-min talks followed by 30-min discussion.
- File naming: Please name your talk [Session #_Last Name_First Name_2016 NGT-ENSO Talk]
- Optional Talk Template: https://goo.gl/ULgifW
- Poster presenters are welcome to share exciting science results, data synthesis, and/or model developments achieved to date, work plans, experimental designs/protocols, etc.
- Poster presenters are responsible for printing their posters.
- AGU posters are also welcome, if aligned with ENSO research.
- Each presenter have a 4′ tall x 8′ wide poster board.
- File naming: Please name your poster: [Last Name_First Name_2016 NGT-ENSO Poster]
- Optional Poster Template (48″ wide x 42″ tall): https://goo.gl/kaUKMy